The General Data Privacy Regulation laws have been brought in to give people more control over how their data is collected, stored and used so we’ll tell you some of the changes below.
- Know what data you have collected and stored, and why you have done so
- Ensure the data is structured and maintained properly
- Identify the responsible parties such as who owns the data and to ensure that they have access to the necessary security measures
- Encrypt sensitive information that you or anyone else would not want to be exposed
- Establish, deploy and maintain a security culture within your organization
- Be prepared in the event of a data breach or attack, so you can respond quickly should it happen
There should be better protection over any persons data now, but only time will tell whether the GDPR really works… And for how long!